Saturday, October 12, 2024

Beach Lunch Break - 6

As she flicks her tongue across her lover's nipple, an audible gasp and brief shutter reveals she's found a most sensitive spot to tease and explore.


Notes below the fold.


This is another one where I used a number of similar references but mostly posed this on my own. I knew I wanted Melanie's hands (the character on the left) in the frame to give Natalie's (the character on the right) breasts a sense of scale. And I wanted Melanie to be licking the breast to set up a suckle pose coming up next.

I brought the camera in close to focus in on the licking. I normally try to keep the camera further out so you can see and understand how the characters are posed. I almost brought the camera in even closer, but I noticed Natalie's other nipple on the edge and I wanted to keep it in the frame.

The tradeoff is that Koikatsu really wasn't made for getting this close. The character models start to look blocky and jagged, and the shadows become blurry and smudged.

To fix the blocky characters, I turned to a tessellating material that subdivides the model triangles into smaller ones. This helps keep curves, like the breasts and mouth, look more natural at the cost of having to draw extra triangles.

And to fix the shadows, a community mod now lets to override the shadow resolution. This can be prohibitively expensive when rendering a typical scene with a shadow casting environment. But for a close-up like this, it really helps with keeping the shadows more detailed and readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment